Through Physical Education we aim to:
- Improve and know what fitness, health and well-bring looks and feels like
- Promote active learning and lifelong learning to learn well and live well
- Encourage children to use a ‘Growth Mindset’ approach to challenge themselves in a safe environment to be the best they can be for their stage of development and learning.
- Reduce Childhood Obesity.
Primary Sports Premium:
From September 2013 every Primary will receive £8,500 (approx.) Primary Sports Premium funding. This has been budgeted for until 2020. The money is to raise and develop the delivery of PE in our school. In 2017 it was announced that Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
How will West Earlham Infant and Nursery School use this money:
- Our school has bought into the school sports partnership (SSP). This enables children to attend multi skills festivals, keysteps gymnastics competitions, dance shows etc… SSP also provide continued staff development courses such as “warm up ideas”, “invasion games” etc… These are important as they keep our staff updated with PE skills.
- This funding has also been used to provide the very popular gymnastic sessions at the UEA Sports Park with highly qualified gymnastic coaches.
Further information on the impact that this has to children within our school and how we have spent this money can be found below:
The Government will publish the school level breakdown of funding for the academic year 2017 to 2018, including conditions of grant, in October 2017, and from here we will plan as a school how to use this additional income announced to increase outcomes for our young learners.
Sport Opportunities in our school include:
- I can’t do it Yet Day
- Sports Day
- Empty Classroom Day
- Weekly PE Sessions
- Weekly Multi-skills Sessions
- UEA gymnastic Sessions
- Football Tournaments
- Skipping Day
- GB Athletic Fundraising day
- Race For Life
- Weekly Forest School Sessions for Years 1&2
- Giant Walk
- Adventurous Activities at our Year Two Residential
After School Sporting Clubs include:
- Active Games
- Ball sports
- Walking Club
- Line Dancing
- Outdoor Play
- Cycling Club
- Tag Rugby