Do you have the vision and ability to lead an outstanding infant and nursery school in Norwich?
We are looking for an exceptional and inspiring leader to replace our previous headteacher who has moved to a senior international post.
Our school is a thriving maintained infant and purpose-built nursery school on the west side of Norwich.
We have the highest possible aspirations for all our pupils and we are proud that our hard work was recognised in our latest Ofsted report from November 2017 which rated the school as Outstanding in all areas.
In an area of high social deprivation, Ofsted found that parents say, ‘there is a real community feel’ at our school and they ‘appreciate the hard work of all the staff”.
The successful applicant will therefore enter an excellent school with much to be proud of but we want to continue to improve and achieve more for our pupils.
To maintain this standard and develop the school further, the successful candidate will:
- Have a very clear understanding of what makes an exceptional school and the skills and character required to develop this
- Be someone who will relish the opportunity to drive the strategic and operational leadership of our school on a daily basis
- Be able to engage, inspire and work within a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Act as an advocate of inclusive, value driven education and be committed
- To obtain the best performance for and from our children regardless of their background or ability and fulfil our children’s quest for knowledge
- Take the initiative to further develop your own talent and expertise, leading a happy and vibrant school with caring staff, enthusiastic children and engaging parents
In return, the successful candidate will work with a highly motivated and skilled staff team, as well as a committed and supportive governing body. S/he will also be given the opportunity to broaden and develop their own experience and skills. The post also offers the attraction of being in the beautiful and vibrant city of Norwich, with easy access to surrounding countryside, the coast and Norfolk Broads.
For further information, please read our Recruitment Pack that is available below
Potential candidates are also welcome to visit the school by prior arrangement. Please contact the school office on 01603 451299.
How to apply
To access further details, the Recruitment Pack and the online application form, please visit www.educationjobfinder.org.uk .
Closing date: 14 December 2018, 12 noon
Shortlisting date: 17 December 2018
Interview dates: 14 and 15 January 2019
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to the enhanced DBS check and pre-employment checks including satisfactory references.