We think it is important that our school community helps us to improve. We are open and transparent about the work we do, including what we are really good at but also the things we try and improve on.
We think your views are important and want to hear them. If you’d like to comment on our improving school please:
- Ask to speak to a school leader
- Post on our Facebook page titled ‘our improving school’
- Bring your ideas to school and hand them into the office. Please mark it ‘our improving school’
- Share your ideas with your class rep for them to bring along to the next meeting.
If you have ideas as to how you can get more involved with improving our school we would really love to hear from you, please ask to speak to me.
Binks Neate-Evans – Head Teacher
Our aim is for all of us to ‘learn well, live well’
Whole Team Improvement Plan – Aspiring for all
Our ‘Whole Team Improvement Plan – Aspiring for all’ sits alongside our School Improvement and Development Plan and is based on and underpinned by our Values statement. It is a sharply focused but yet fully dynamic approach to bringing about sustained improvement whilst energising and enabling our whole school community to be part of our improvement journey. The focus of the themes will always be based on what we believe is best for our young learners.
Our Four Main Improvement themes for 2017/2018 are, these are worded in such a way that both children and adults can understand the meaning of them:
- High Expectations for all – Learning to be our best
- Raising Aspirations with precise vocabulary – new vocabulary for great learning
- Applying learning and skill based practice in the environment – independent learning
- Reasoning and Critical Thinking – Excellent thinking
Our improving school aims (from our School Improvement and Development Plan):
- Improving outcomes for children
- To continue to narrow the gap between KS1/EYFS achievement in reading/comprehension/phonics, writing, Maths and national data; including disadvantaged children, those with the potential to exceed expectations and other statistically significant groups
- To improve communication skills as vehicle for improving attainment across the curriculum including learning behaviours
- Refine and develop teaching, learning and assessment
- Continue to refine use of Formative Assessment as a vehicle for improving impact of teaching on learning outcomes. This must include improving use of questioning.
- To review assessment policy in light of continual changes from central Government to ensure it meets local need but withstands external scrutiny to be fit for purpose.
- Develop use of assessment of Age Related expectations in non core subjects
- To use action research as mechanism for improving pedagogy (Teaching Approaches)
- To rapidly improve high quality art curriculum and experiences for children and staff.
- Develop Enquiry Based Learning in Key Stage 1.
- Personal Development, behaviour and welfare
- Develop whole school inclusion strategy to support children with additional behaviour and social, emotional and mental health needs
- Further develop curriculum to support emotional literacy and learning to learn behaviours
- To further develop psychological resilience of the workforce, to ensure children families and staff are well supported and staff have appropriate skill set and support
- Further develop the use of Cpoms (webs based Safeguarding and Child Protection record keeping) to develop professional knowledge
- To support children and families to adopt healthy lifestyles
- Developing highly effective Leadership and Management
- To further develop subject leaders role across school
- To continue to develop effective professional partnerships in light of national legislation Governors
- To continue to identify family and community barriers to success for children, and plan to mitigate against impact of deprivation
- To develop strategies of leadership of SEN
- Management of Financial pressures
- To continue to develop a localised and aspirational curriculum
- Recruitment and retention of high quality staff
Further information about the above targets can be found in our School Improvement and Development Plan, which is available from the office on request.
- School Social Media pages (Facebook, Blogs, App and the Website)
- Sharing good news with the Local external Media
- Family/Class Rep meetings
- During Learning Review Meetings through sharing children’s work
- Class Assemblies
We check that we are doing these things through:
- Governor Meetings
- Staff, team and phase meetings
- Pupil Progress Review Meetings
- Learning Walks
- Book Looks
- Family Rep Meetings
- Discussions with Children/Children’s work
- School to School support
- Norfolk Better To Best (N2B2) Visits
- LA Report Card Data
- Flying Start
- ECP Report