We think it is important that our school community helps us to improve. We are open and transparent about the work we do, including what we are really good at but also the things we try and improve on.
We think your views are important and want to hear them. If you’d like to comment on our improving school please:
- Ask to speak to a school leader
- Post on our Facebook page titled ‘our improving school’
- Bring your ideas to school and hand them into the office. Please mark it ‘our improving school’
- Share your ideas with your class rep for them to bring along to the next meeting.
If you have ideas as to how you can get more involved with improving our school we would really love to hear from you, please ask to speak to me.
Sarah Mardell – Acting Head Teacher
Our aim is for all of us to ‘learn well, live well’
Whole Team Improvement Plan – Aspiring for all
Our ‘Whole Team Improvement Plan – Aspiring for all’ sits alongside our School Improvement and Development Plan and is based on and underpinned by our Values statement. It is a sharply focused but yet fully dynamic approach to bringing about sustained improvement whilst energising and enabling our whole school community to be part of our improvement journey. The focus of the themes will always be based on what we believe is best for our young learners.
Our Main Improvement themes for 2018/2019 are:
- High Expectations
- Developing Problem Solving and reasoning
- Science of learning
- Engaging Families
- Reading for learning
- Get Moving
Our improving school aims (from our School Improvement and Development Plan):
- Improving outcomes for Learners
- To continue to narrow the gap between KS1/EYFS achievement in reading/comprehension/phonics and national data; including disadvantaged children, those with the potential to exceed expectations and other statistically significant groups i.e gender varience
- To continue narrow the gap between KS1/EYFS achievement in writing and national data; including children for whom Pupil Premium provides support and disadvantaged children with potential to exceed and other statistically significant groups i.e gender variance– focus on handwriting/spelling and purposeful writing
- To narrow the gap between KS1/ EYFS achievement in Maths and national data; including children for whom Pupil Premium provides support and disadvantaged children with potential to exceed and other statistically significant groups i.e gender variance
- To continue to embed targeted teaching of vocabulary as vehicle for improving attainment across the curriculum developing to include including ‘Blanks’ levels of questioning.
- Teaching, Learning, Curriculum and Assessment
- Develop teacher and support staff understanding of cognitive load and how to use spaced practice
- To develop knowledge and concept organisers for foundation subjects and overviews for English and Maths
- To evaluate tracking process
- To embed enquiry based learning (EBL) in KS1
- To explore use of comparative judgements in writing
- To ensure provision meets needs of children with EAL.
- Personal Development, behaviour and welfare
- To maintain high expectations for behaviour for learning and conduct.
- Improve resilience of disengaged learners
- To support children and families to adopt healthy lifestyles
- Develop systemic supervision sessions to manage family caseloads
- Leadership and Management
- To continue to develop subject leaders role across school
- To develop peer coaching.
- For Governors to maintain professional partnerships in light of national legislation
- To continue to identify barriers to success for children, and plan to mitigate against impact of deprivation.
- Management of financial pressures
- Monitoring implementation of GDPR
Further information about the above targets can be found in our School Improvement and Development Plan, which is below.
- School Social Media pages (Facebook, App and the Website)
- Sharing good news with the Local external Media
- Family/Class Rep meetings
- During Learning Review Meetings through sharing children’s work
- Class Assemblies
We check that we are doing these things through:
- Governor Meetings
- Staff, team and phase meetings
- Pupil Progress Review Meetings
- Learning Walks
- Book Looks
- Family Rep Meetings
- Discussions with Children/Children’s work
- School to School support
- Norfolk Better To Best (N2B2) Visits
- LA Report Card Data
- Flying Start
- ECP Report